This two hour webinar presents an introduction to the full three day course: Luxury or Lie? How to Identify Genuine Watches (TM) The webinar will cover "watch terminology", "complications", "rework dials", "homage
versus Franken, versus reworked", as well as an introduction to identifying the "genuine
from the fake". This webinar will cover all the important aspects in
initially determining the authenticity of a wristwatch, and give basic
guidance in appraising re-worked pieces.
Upon webinar completion, the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of wristwatches and their
- Recognize the perfect from the reworked;
- Explain, any concerns seen with the validity of the timepiece;
- Identify reworked dials from original and marriage or Franken; and
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of Identifying the Genuine from the
Appraisers, jewelers, pawn
shops, resellers of watches, individuals purchasing, and lastly handling or evaluating luxury
This webinar will be given live only. Those who attend this webinar and then register for the full three day course of Luxury or Lie will be given a credit of $100.00 off of the course fee. After you register for this course, you will be given an access link to view the webinar on the date and time given. This link will be unique to your email. Be sure to review the system requirements for accessing the webinar.
The presenter for this webinar is Luxury or Lie? Instructor and course developer Adam Harris