Basic cutting of metal will be practiced and the following areas will be covered:
- Types of jewelers lathes.
- Different parts of the jewelers lathe.
- Lathe safety.
- Types of cutting tools used on the lathe.
- Preparing, shaping and sharpening your cutting tools.
- Basic cutting and parts making on the jewelers lathe.
- Selection of eye loupes- 10x, 4x (required)
- Pin vice to hold 1/8 square graver (required)
- Tweezers 3 or 3C (required)
- Students may optionally bring their own jewelers lathe with a set of collets, small drill bits/pivot drills, needle/escapement files, sapphire file or burnisher, dust blower, pithwood, and rodico
Instructor: Tony Paster
Please contact Education at email@example.com or (717) 684-8261 ext. 237 with any questions.
$610 Early Bird (before 6/10/2020)
$655 Early Bird (before 6/10/2020)
Lab Fee: $65.00 (included in the price of the workshop)